Phoenix Engine

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

stangconv

Phoenix Engine

Post by stangconv »

http://www.phoenixengine.com/Ford-04.html

Does this seem like a good engine?

COmes with everything you see in the picture.

Edelbrock intake an carb, chrome pulleys etc.

I would upgrade to forged pistons...

What do YOU think?
Fordlorn

Re: Phoenix Engine

Post by Fordlorn »

Jump on it! You couldn't build it for that. And a one year warranty? Cool man! :thup:
Rednecks, white trucks and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer!
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

This Power 2 Engine is totally REBUILT in our Machine Shop by professionals from start to finish. The Power 2 Engine was developed from our nearly 40 YEARS of experience on MUSCLECARS, STREET STRIPS, CUSTOM TRUCKS, 4 x 4s, & JEEPS. Phoenix Engine Rebuilders has built over 131,000 quality engines to date. All our engines are custom hand built including 289 - 302 - 351c - 351m - 351w - 400m - 390 - 427 - 429 - 460 and more.

131,000 motors built so far... and how much quality time is in each of those. 3/4 of that cost is going to be there profit if not more...

I'd buy some books and learn as much as you can, ask good questions on here and go from there. The first question I ask a customer is what do you want the project to do when finished (whether it be a truck, a race car, a tractor or whatever) You need to know where you want to go or you'll never get there.

Once you know what you 'want', get a ride in something that is set up that way so you can be sure you really 'want' that instead of something that you 'need'. Most customers realise they don't 'want' what they think they 'want'.

Once you realize what you actually need you can realistically make a budget for the base motor and the support parts (fuel, ignition, exhaust, driveline, etc.). If you have budget problems don't be afraid to do the rebuild in steps (bore it and put new pistons and rings in one year, crank and rods the mext. heads the year after) That's how I did my '93 because Ihad to drive it.

BTW, if it won't go chrome it...

Jamie :wink:
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
stangconv

Post by stangconv »

^^^^^I am confused a little on what you are trying to say...

Do you work for them? Are you just telling me to just build my own?

I rebuilt my 302 in my 78 Mustang, in high school (about 9 years ago now) and it cost me about $700 dollars when all was said and done (Rings gaskets, Cam, machine work etc.)

I wasnt thinking $3300 wasnt too bad for what you are getting, and it will get me on the road faster.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Only thing I'm saying is don't trust a mass builder to build a performance motor. I don't work for them, really feel engine building / performance stuff is more of a craft vs job deal.

My only request was list what you 'need' your truck to do, then design a engine build around that need. Once you design it, talk to engine builders and find someone that understands your need and doesn't try to sell you something different. That way you get what you want, not what someone wants to sell you.

Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
stangconv

Post by stangconv »

Ranchero50 wrote:Only thing I'm saying is don't trust a mass builder to build a performance motor. I don't work for them, really feel engine building / performance stuff is more of a craft vs job deal.

My only request was list what you 'need' your truck to do, then design a engine build around that need. Once you design it, talk to engine builders and find someone that understands your need and doesn't try to sell you something different. That way you get what you want, not what someone wants to sell you.

Jamie
I get you now.. and I agree, very good advice!

The thing is that this engine fits pretty much what I *think* I need.
Not very expensive, Run on 87 pump gas. Decent on gas. It doesnt need a ton of power, as its not going to be raced. and something that shoudl last and wont need a bunch of work. (Reliable)

The fact that it looks good is a nice bonus!

At first I was wanting to do a show quality truck. But after reading in on it and seeing how much it would cost (even doing it youself) I have changed what I want to a VERY nice weekend cruiser.

THis seems to fit the bill without spending 10G's
peanutman
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by peanutman »

Read the ad again. It says it will run on prem unleaded gas. That's probobaly 89 or 93 oct not 87. Find out for sure if thats important to you :2cents:
stangconv

Post by stangconv »

peanutman wrote:Read the ad again. It says it will run on prem unleaded gas. That's probobaly 89 or 93 oct not 87. Find out for sure if thats important to you :2cents:
Yeha i asked then about it... I would change to forged pistons with a 9-1 comp ratio. THey said it would be fine on 87 Octane...